Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week 7

News from this week....We now have ~100 baby chicks in the backyard (they're adorable, and coupled with a session on chicken raising yesterday, I'm seriously thinking about getting some - fresh eggs would be nice. however, a cat is top priority). One of our cows died, which is a big deal around here (they're worth ~$500), so now there's no milk, but everything still goes on. It has been so hot here this week, I think it's been the lack of rain. It finally poured this morning (while Angela and I were running - it was glorious!) and everything has cooled down. Just in time for our pool party today. We were graciously invited to the ambassador's house to relax and use the pool. Mr. and Mrs. Browning were very friendly, and we had fun swimming and hanging out. 'Finals' are coming up soon - there's a language oral exam (LPI) and a Qualifying Project. The qualifying project is a potential secondary project we're interested in starting at our site. I'm leaning towards a community gardens, but am hopeing some inspirational idea will hit me in the next few days.

I'm off to check out the bookstore, but I hope you are all well. Sorry about not responding to any emails - I can't seem to get onto gmail and the internet is down in town :(

No comments:

Post a Comment